Dog Breeds - info, pictures & forum!
DogBreedsNow.com gives you images and video of all known breeds. Get breed descriptions and tips about dogs, dog names, kennel clubs, and breeders. Read our guides about breeds or search and find dog breed that suits you.
Read about Chesapeake Bay Retriever and see pictures and videos of this dog breed. We breed descriptions and information about breeders, kennel clubs for most dog breeds. In addition, you can view pictures and video of most dog breeds with us.
Search dog breeds
Find breed dogs with the qualities that are important to you! Use our search engine to find hundreds of dogs and hybrid dogs (crosses between two or more dog breeds). When searching, you can use criteria such as appearance of the dog, temperament and other characteristics.
List of dog breeds
Our list of dog breeds contains all known breeds in the world, with descriptions, photographs and video of most breeds. Plus, we got descriptions of over 5000 mixed dog breeds and designer dogs. You will also find kennel clubs and breeders for each breed.
Forum about dog breeds
Last post is shown below. Help you too! You can easily share your experiences, knowledge and stories about dogs and breed dogs here at DogBreedsNow.com: Go to page one the breed of dog you want to write about, and write your posts.
Facts about dogs and breeds
Here are various facts about dogs and dog breeds:
- Dogs are wolves. All breeds of dogs are descended from wolves (grey wolf).
- Dogs dreams too.
- Strays - In Moskova it's 35,000 street dogs.
- Dangerous dogs? In the United States more people die of dog bites every year than people have died in shark attacks over the past 100 years.
- Dogs can sweat Although the myth to the contrary! (but only on the bottom of the paws).
- The wet nose of the dog caused by a mucous-like membrane that plays an important role in the sense of smell.
- Diagnostic dogs. Some believe that dogs can sense seizures before it occurs, and that they can detect cancer and other diseases in humans.
- Dogs can see colors. Black and White color vision among dogs is a myth, but their color vision is still quite different from humans.
- Night Vision for dogs is good (a membrane of the eye called the tapetum lucidum enable them to see at night).
- 10,000 to 100,000 - so much better are the dogs' sense of smell compared to humans.
- 220 million olfactory cells in dogs at 5-15 million in humans.
- Ears reveals feelings. Dogs have over a dozen muscles in the ears, used to focus on sound as well as to signal emotions.
- Dogs hear best at 8000 Hz, while people hear best at 2000 Hz.
- Dog swimming with webbed: Newfoundland dogs have webbed feet and are proficient swimmers, but it is also a breed of dog, basset hound, who can not swim at all.
- Saluki is the oldest dog breed that exists today, it was held by the Egyptians who used it as a hunting dog.
- Tomaractus lived 16 million years ago, and all dogs (and wolves) originating from the distant prehistoric hyenoide creature.
- Pregnancy for dogs lasts 60 days.
- Yum yum! Dogs have over 1700 taste buds (humans have about 9,000 cats have only 473).
- Chow-chow are born with a pink tongue, but around the eighth week will remain blue for life.
- Dalmatians are born completely white, the black dots are the later as a puppy.
- The world's heaviest dog was an english mastiff weighing 341 pounds!
- First in space. Dogs visited the space before humans (Laika first, Yuri Gagarin later).